Take Action Awareness Month
This year, we encouraged congressional members to support four specific legislative and FY23 funding priorities. These include:
- $40 million appropriations for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Asthma Control Program (NACP)
- The Elijah E. Cummings Family Asthma Act (H.R. 7055)
- $110 million appropriations for the CDC Climate and Health Program
- The Medical Nutrition Equity Act of 2021 (H.R. 3783/S. 2013)
How Can You Take Action?
As part of National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month, AAFA is asking advocates to save this date on their calendars as part of its 31 Days of Action. We’ve designated May 16, 2022, as Advocacy Day. On that day, we are encourage people to ask their elected officials to support the Elijah E. Cummings Family Asthma Act and the Medical Nutrition Equity Act using a simple tool that AAFA provides.
Sign up to receive AAFA’s Advocacy Action Alerts!
Get alerts to help us advocate on future issues that affect people with asthma and allergies! We have two ways you can sign up to receive Advocacy Action Alerts.
- Text “AAFA” to 313131 to receive Advocacy Action Alerts and updates via text.
- Join our online community. Not only will you receive Advocacy Action Alerts, but you’ll also be able to talk with other people managing asthma and allergies on our support forums. You’ll also get alerts about other news about managing your conditions, research, and news.